Thread: Soft top
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1991 RMC 1966 427SC replica, 302 Cleveland, Edelbrock manifold with 600 Holley double pumper.
Not Ranked     

Phil,

My curtains as with Bryan's have a strip of metal sewn into the bottom of the curtain this stops most of the flapping problem. For the front attachment I have just two lift-a-dot posts down the side of the inside of windscreen. The soft side curtains just has an extra flap that attaches to these. Seals the curtains fine and does not flap. Very simple and can barely see the attachments. Also easy to attach from inside the car

When I was getting my roof done the trimmer suggested a sliding attachment like when you attach the old annexe to a caravan. A plastic rope is attached inside the front flap and you need to make a couple of 1/4" tubes with a milled opening down the length. The tubes are attached inside the window frame and the curtain will slide inside. I decided that this was a little complicated but would work very well I even milled up a couple of tubes to start but for the amount of time the roof is on I did not want spend a lot of time on this.

Bryan's suggestion of Velcro would work well also.

I can take some photo's of my set up if you like.

Regards

TC