View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 05:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Dreamer,

I have used the Holly Blue pumpfor years with no problem except immediately after I put it in. I seemed to run out of gas as I opened the throttle and called the Holly Tech. First questions, was did you put a filter between the pump and tank. I told him I used the one thet sent and he told me to take it out and throw it away and not put one is as the blue pump has a filter screen on the intake side that will catch anything the filter will. So I tried this and had to really adjust my regulator as I was now putting 14 pounds of pressure to the carb instead of the 6 that it had with that filter. I now have an inline filter before the carb, and my regulator I mounted on the front of my block, but I had an extra bolt hole and made a bracket and it works out great. It is near the carb, easy to see and adjust if I have to. The Blue pump has a free flow capcity of 110 GPH. I have been looking at the Holly Pro Series Pump and may get one later on to try out. But I have ran the Blue pump since 1996 with no problems.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery