View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 02:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Fullchat289
Do you guys normally have people purchasing units off of you rather than sourcing a unit and opting for your control arm and halfshaft modifications? I know the Jag rear can be a challenge to rebuild properly with all the shims, etc. Seems like the parts are easy enough to source, however. It's all a bit fiddly, but for an Engineer, it's art. Also, I wasn't aware that there were that many design changes to the center casting over the years and accross the different models. It's kinda like a guy put it to me this past weekend, Jag-U-ar is a small company with a big name. Anyone knowing the company prior to the Ford purchase could probably attest to that.

Cheers, mates!
The only control arms and axles that don't require modifications are from Series 1 and II XKEs. All others must be modified - but that operation is included in the price of our (manditory) subframe.

With a little patience and some measuring equipment (and the use of a press), there's no reason why you can't do the rebuild yourself. A good Jag service manual is a big help though.