Thread: A&C Body
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kit Undecided, 428
Not Ranked     
Default A&C Body

I am making my way through the kit selection process...slowly. I have visited two manufacturers so far (Lone Star in Texas and Factory Five in New York) and have tentatively ruled both out because of concerns over how the body, doors, hood and trunk attach. I am now considering the A&C because I have seen in other posts here that they have a very thick and strong body. Before I travel to New York again to look at another factory (A&C) I was hoping to find out more from you.....(the A&C website is not as informative as I would like).

Can someone tell me specifically how the body attaches to the frame and more importantly, how the doors, hood, and trunk attach?

For example, on the Lone Star kits I was shown in Texas, the guide was very careful opening and closing the doors...to prevent scratching the paint. They attach to a thin bolted in cowl which apparently gives insufficient support. The body on the FFR is way too thin to suit me....they put their strength in a different type frame......but I not anxious to buy a body that flexes if you lean on it too hard. I have also seen older Cobra kits (>10 years old) and some have stress cracks in the fiberglass hood where it attaches. I am hoping to avoid all these problems by selecting the "right" kit. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.