View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Dan,
Basicly you are trying to build it RIGHT. The term blueprinting is often used and exploited to a degree but if you have stock parts as ( new parts meeting stock spec ) then taking block to factory spec of deck height to + or - 0.00 is in 75 % of cases a zero deck. I have not looked this one up so am not on hard ground here but easy to check.
With factory spec parts and no big cam change you will be right there but checking all numbers and tolorances is part of a quality build. I would check #'s befor doing anything to be sure. But the question was as I went off with is decking as a general question a good thing and worth the money. YES it is ! too what height is answered by selection of real parts and their tolorance stack up. I then took it a little farther and said ZERO is the happy spot in most cases with stock parts. You must or builder must know all variables to answer finished deck height. What ever that # is will then make all square and this is reason for correction or milling. Decking is a correction of many factors at the same time, parralelism to crank, proper angle or square to bores, proper or equal combustion area of all cyl's, proper or flat surface for gasket, equlizes distance from cam for rocker geometry. for a 100 bucks..