View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 10:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #676, 428SCJ (2x4), TKOII
Not Ranked     
Default Electrical Gremlin

I seem to have a little electrical gremlin that likes to mess with me on occasion and then leave. I had a problem one day where I turned the key and nothing happened...no ignition light, starter did not turn on, however the fans and horn was working. While trying to debug I was testing for voltage at the ignition switch. WHile touching the probe to the ignition hot wire it sparked (I must have grounded the probe against the dash support). After that all systems were go, car started everything was fine.

Tonight I took my wife for a ride and it was dusk as we were getting near home. I had the lights on and idling at a traffic light. Next thing I know..everything dies, lights, engine, everything. I jumped out of the car to signal traffic that I was stuck and to go around me. I was nervous as hell because it was pretty dark and visibility was not great. I looked back to the car and I noticed the lights back on...I jumped in, turned the key, it fired up and I drove home without further incident.

How should I trace this sporatic problem so I don't get stuck in a situation like this again?

"There are 10 types of people out there....the ones that understand binary and the zeros that don't."