View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Turk,
The adavantage of the Cobras is that they are light, so you can get away with less low end torque. The TP single plane intake will fit under the hood no problem. 9 to 1 compression is a bit low though. FE's love compression more than most motors. It's a bit of a contradiction to run TP heads, and not follow up with compression. Cobras are basically weekend cars, and I try to recommend to my customers that they invest in mixing race gas if they are trying to get a lot of HP out of their motors. If you are dead set against the race gas, then 9.8 to 1 will work with iron heads. A good port job really benefits these heads. The short side and long side radius can be worked for a lot of gains. I would run a 4.125 stroker crank to aid in port velocity. With a 4.280 bore, you would be at 474 ci. Also, how are you going to drive the car. Road race cars benefit from small stroke, higher RPMs, but in town cars like the stroke. Just something to consider.
Good Luck, Tom
FE Specialties Your West coast FE source. We build FEs with todays technology, not circa 1970. We can supply you with any type of engine and drive train parts. From mild to wild. We engineer engines, not just throw parts at them. I currently am campaigning a 67 coupe that has C4AE-G iron heads, full interior, 3300 lbs. 10.51 @ 130.5mph. 665 HP(revised) with 11.6 to 1 comp. single 4 barrel.
Thanks Much. Tom