View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

ledge - Jase
I may not be telling you anything new, but there are two kits going by the name of Classic. Obviously Classic Revival from Sydney which Jase refered to which is like a 3rd generation kit which has had a good deal of thought and quality applied to it and then there were Classic Glass Cars originating from Adelaide.

These cars were among the 1st generation cobra kits in australia and were fairly rudimentry in quality and finish, designed to adapt donor parts, which weren't nessesarily the best for the job, thats why you will read about a lot of the brake and suspension mods etc, although a lot of guys who have them, through skill and perseverance, have great great cars.

The newer generation like Classic Revival, Harrison, and evolving Robnell are certianly easier builds and better quality as critical parts are designed and fabricated for best results not just adapted from what may be available. I'm sure they'll also sell you any stage of dissasembly as a sale is a sale, just be prepared to pay for it.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the Harrison can be adapted for a multitude of engines Ford Chev Lexus, where as Classic Revival is design around initialy Holden engine then Chev.

So Jase be aware if you are powered by the dark side you may be relegated to the rear of the field on any outings you attend.