View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 05:23 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by trularin

Rick, I look forward to getting together next year and comparing Clevelands.

I would like to see how your new CAM is with your engine. I have the BOSS spec CAM in hydraulic but with .550 lift.

Well, I need to go back to ignoring this thread.
That will be fun! I will put aside the fact you are from Michigan if you do the same because I am from Ohio! Chewing my nails now over the match up tomorrow!!!!!

What was your cam specs again? Mine are .528 and 226 (288) and .536 and 230 (292). Soon I will be ordering a Blue Thunder intake for the car. It was pretty obvious from the first time it was on the dyno that the Performer gave up at 5500 when of course the motor wanted much more. Edelbrock says idle to 5500, they mean it. HP hit 5500 and stayed perfectly flat for the next 700 RPM. Need more intake. That was also with a very small 600 on it and the old cam. If HP falls of again hard at 6200 it may be time to add a little more spring pressure, although the springs I have are just slightly higher than recommended for the new cam so I doubt I will be going that route. Although an angle mill on the heads may be in the near future as well.

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com