View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #414 427 s/o w. Shelby Aluminum heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Mighty Demon 750, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Wink Positive progress

Thanks Rick for the mail and Trularin for the advice. I removed the line, checked and cleaned everything, and then was able to put it back in using an in-line fitting instead of the banjo on the slave end. Greased the bleeder valve threads and then put the vacum hose on real tight using a piece of safety wire twisted around it as a clamp. As Trularin said, it now would hold a vacum so as the Stones said I just "let it bleed." When the bubbles stopped I sealed it off and the clutch pedal was like a rock. Couldn't budge it, so went back and adjusted the shaft to the clutch arm off the back of the slave as Bob Putnam had suggested. Then adjusted the master shaft a bit as well, and now the pedal feels right. Too late to start it up without catching holy **** from the wife for waking the house so will see how it works in the morn. Will let you know and thanks again for the help.

BTW - I imagine dad will be a bit aprehensive since he still remembers my teenage driving days, but he was the one who bought the brand new 69 mustang way back that got me into Ford fever. I think he'll enjoy taking it for a drive!