View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

Well Craig - me too had an eventful weekend.

Saturday, visited Harbour Town and drove through torrential rain on the motorway. Luckily I was in the Landcruiser and thought good job I'm not in the Cobra!

Sunday, looked outside and could see some blue sky to the north so decided to have a run out to Redcliffe for the Wheels of teh Century Car Show. Thought the sun always shines on Les at Bracken Ridge

Not so..........................it poured it down from Nudgee north. Thought got this far, might as well keep going and park her up on the showground and recover.

Reached the show only for the rain to continue dumping on the showground (The obligatory Aussie tarp doubled up nicely for the tonneau cover keeping the cockpit dry - not bad for $20 from Supa Cheap ).

Anyway, only about 50 cars there - probably due to the weather - what if I can drive a no top there what a lot of wuzzies!.

What a mixture of cars, bikes etc. from a $2,000 lancer to a 69 Shelby Mustang (Picture attached)

Judging started at 11.30 with 7 judges taking 10 minutes per car. Based on my calculations it would have been 2PM before they got to mine so decided upon leaving at the first sign of no rain.

Absolutely bucketed it down all the way home, but what power slides the Cobra did at the lights in Redcliffe (too wet for the Police to be on the roads!) She handled beautifully all the way home (I think I''ll stick to the Falken 451's in future).

As wet as your's Craig in the cockpit. However seats remained dry - you did'nt wet yourself on your return did you?

Ended up with plenty of water on the floor - mainly entering from the edge of the windscreen (common Cobra fault). Problem is that I have heat insulation stuck to the floor so will be soggy for the next few trips.

Although dreadful weather we did enjoy ourselves and the Cobra ran 110%.

No doubt other road users looked on in amazement / dismay, but it was satisfying to know that we didn't get wet one little bit. Even the traffic lights went our way

COBRA - dry or wet - GOOD FUN
Attached Images