View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 03:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebel1

clean it up and hide the wires a couple of more days.
Thats exactly why I want to do as much as I can myself. My experiences with mechanics, auto electricians, sprayers etc etc have all been pretty sub standard. They only do the bare minimum. When I had the Mini resprayed they quoted $2500 - which included everything I wanted done. Everything was done, but there was overspray (not a big deal) and when they were trial fitting the roll cage, they scratched the interior - when I questioned them about it, they said "well it was a $2500 spray job"..

When the Mini was in getting the new engine put in, they actually lost all of my locks, window trim and various other, almost impossible to source parts. They then claimed that I had lost them.

I wasn't happy with the way the doors had been refitted - something that I had asked them to do, they said that'd be as good a fit as anyone would get.. I got it home, 60 minutes later, a perfect fit.

I finally picked the car up and it started to rain. Switch the wipers on and suddenly all the lights, wipers and fuel guage stop working. Obviously a fuse, check it and yep, its blown. I traced the problem back to the wipers but sent the car back to them to fix, afterall I had paid them to give me a finished car. They had the car for 2 weeks, asked for $700 and the fuse blew again. I replaced it, didn't touch the wipers till I got home and then checked it out. Now Mini's were a positive earth car originally - I had mine switched to neg. earth. I checked over the wipers from the switch to the motor, found that the numb nuts had the positive and negative earth wires the wrong way around. It took me 15 minutes to solve the problem and fix it, and they wanted $700 for doing NOTHING for the past two weeks! Argued it with them, they denied it, claimed they had changed the alternator - which had been fine, and claimed labour etc etc.. in the end, I had the car, I didn't pay and I simply tell everyone to go elsewhere.

So yeah, if you want something done right, do it yourself.