View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. 6 litre Chev
Not Ranked     

Tenrocca,

I used Kevin Humphrey (Toukley) for engineering. He is familiar with the Classic Revival so if yo go for the CR this makes things simpler.

Talk to him before you purchase anything as the rules in NSW are tougher than all other states. You basically must have engine and computer from current model vehicle. So forget about long build periods or get the motor last, this is a little difficult as you need to nominate engine mounting when you buy chassis.

Its unfortunate for the purists but the current model FORD engines just dont fit in a Cobra (if you want a footwell).The Gen 111 (IV) or Lexus motors are the only real choice in NSW as the rules stand.

If the Cobra club can convince the RTA to treat Cobras like the Hot Rod association guys then it may be possible to build copies of Cobras but till then they are ICV's and must comply with the ADR's at engineering/rego time.

I dont see this as a real issue as I get a lot of enjoyment doing my own thing and would probably still pick a modern fuel injected engine.

If you can, make sure you have a look at as many Cobras as possible and talk to the owners.

There is a lot of info to be gained from the people on this site and most are willing to tell you pros and cons of what they purchased

One thing for sure is your in for an fun time and the feeling you get the first time you drive your Cobra is pretty good. The second and third time is better......

PS Long live the DARK SIDE.

Phil