Thread: Better Brakes
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, Corvette suspension, 632cid all aluminium Ford big block, Wilson custom manifold, Richmond 5 speed Transimssion
Not Ranked     

Thank you for the response. When I put in the booster and new master cylinder, I replaced all the brake fluid (even thought the original only had less than 10 miles on it). Now I have about 100 miles on this fluid and all the system has been bled numours times, even with a pressure bleeder. There is no "mush" in the pedal. When I step on it, I get a hard pedal response with no pedal climbing if I pump the pedal. To me this implies that there truely is no air in the lines and the fluid is perfectly clean and new. But, I agree with you that the wheels SHOULD lock up, I can only think that due to my tire size (295 front and 315 rear), there is just too much tire to skid ? But then the braking distance should be better, it just still does not seem/feel safe. I do not have any ABS in the system, the lines run direct except for an adjustable proportioning valve in series with the rears. I adjusted that at 75% per EMs recommendation, but until I can lock either the front or rear, I cannot tune it further. Tom