View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The kit is strictly set up for a small block Ford with an automatic. If your planning on a 429-460 or even a 427 side oiler, good luck. No ground clearance, less than a pack of smokes! Very dangerous. A manual tranny will require some rework to the steering column support so the clutch pedal will clear. Also if you have wide feet, call them Monday and renig on your purchase because there is no way to shift as foot room is non existant with a clutch pedal in the mix. I have very narrow feet and cannot drive it with boots of any sort. Mostly bare footed all summer. Also under extreme excelleration, the frame hits the top of the rear differential. I can go for days on how poorly written the manual is and how much winging it you have to do, the EXTENSIVE fiberglassing required, the FINAL PREP SAND that I paid to have done yet spent an unbeleivable amount time with and an airboard. If you do research you will probably run across more than one thread on this website saying it is not the easiest kit out there and they are correct.
ALSO, A 535HP CRATE 460 FROM FORD AND A NOS CHEATER SYSTEM WITH 180HP JETS WITH AN ENOURMOUS ALUMINUM RACING RADIATOR WITH AN 18" SUPER BRUTE 2700 CFM ELECTRIC FAN WITH PURPLE ICE IN THE RADIATOR THE TEMPERATURE CLIMBS OUT OF THE STRATOSPHERE AT STOP LIGHTS. Car is very unusable after $42,000+
I finished mine last 4th of July