View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 03:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will post this as is in the eyes of SAI and then follow with what we have offered to do to help. The initial may sound a little harsh but please keep in mind that this is a business and there are legal issues that do not allow us to step in and take care of it 100%.

Dwayne's aluminum bodied CSX4000 Component (sold through the dealer as a kit as apposed to a complete painted roller) Cobra was delivered to Finishline Motorsports over 22 months ago and in accordance with the original delivery date that was given to Dwayne at the time of sale however Mr. Hunt, Finishline told us that he did not have the funds required to release (pay-off) the unit and would need a few weeks. Some sixty days later Mr. Hunt stated to us that he still did not have the funds and was forced to let us use the unit to fill someone elses order and he would get back in line to have the unit built in a few months.

This meant that the deposits that had been placed on the car (50%) would stay on the books and when Roy was ready we would sart and finish the unit.

When Dwayne and Roy came to the shop several months later Mr. Marsh was correct in his statement due to the fact that Roy had never initiated the build and the unit he had shown Dwayne had a different CSX number and was being processed through paint by the different number. When we confronted Mr Hunt he stated that he needed to use a unit he had in stock and wanted to to be numbered as CSX4311. Although this was not by any means standard practice it was pointed out by Roy that he needed to get the unit complete, he did not have the funds to have us build it again and that he was only trying to fill a customer order in the only way he could.

In February the unit was complete through the paint shop and once again Hunt stated that he did not have the funds to get it released and would have to wait until he could get the funds together. In March neither myself or any other employee of SAI stated that we would make sure the unit would get completed however we did offer to stay on top of the situation and that we would help in any manner possible.

In July I did meet with Roy, Dwayne and his attorney at the request of Dwayne because he felt it would put additional pressure on Roy to get the unit complete.

In October Dwayne came into my office and stated that he was done with the situation of working with Roy and that he would like us to get the vehicle and finish it for him. I clearly offered to get the vehicle back and complete it to complete roller les engine and trans but that was as far as we (SA) could go for legal reasons however there are several very capable techs in the area that could perform the installation. Dwayne stated that he would go get Roy and the three of us could discuss getting it down to our shop and complete. A short time later Roy and Dwayne arrived for the meeting and seemed to have worked things out on their own and Dwayne stated that he wanted to stay with Roy and was fine as long as the unit was complete by the first of the year. Roy promised both Dwayne and I that the car would be complete by Jan 1, 2005 to the acceptance of Dwayne.

This was the last I had heard from Dwayne until this post on CC this evening.

This is rather long winded but the initial post left no choice but to go into detail.

I will be checking on CSX4311 in the morning and will then call Dwayne with an update. My offer still stands to complete the unit as a roller less drivetrain however we can not install the engine no matter how badly we want to help Mr Gregory get his car complete.

Last edited by brentfenimore; 12-09-2004 at 05:43 PM..