View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Toy Collector: C'Mon man. I've been around here long enough now that you, and everyone else, should know that I have a heart of gold. ;-)

Maxrpm: If you don't see the difference between THIS guys situation and others that are waiting for a CSX (or any other mfg. for that matter), then I don't know what to say. The guy with cancer waiting for his car, isn't the one that is "playing the illness card" here. He didn't write the post; his friend did. This is one friend trying to help another friend (who happens to be dying). You wouldn't do that for one of YOUR friends? Sure this guy could have bought one already built, but I think he wanted one of his "own" with his own personal touches. Besides, according to the post, this guy wasn't given a certain time frame of living until well after he ordered the car. Plus, we have to remember that he was told the car would be completed in 7-9 months......not TWO YEARS.
According to Brent F. Shelby delivered the car to Finish Line in a timely manner. So far so good. But when they found out that the customer was flat out LIED to about his car, I would think they would have / could have / should have done more to follow up for this guy. They had to have known what was going on @ Finish Line and that they were trying to play a shell game with this guy. In fact, I'm sure they've seen it before (or even used the same tactics at their own shop). As for this guy from Finish Line LYING to the customer by telling him that a car they were looking at was his, when it really wasn't.............I don't have words for that (well, I do, but I'll refrain from using them).
I have to say though that I give Brent a lot of credit for stepping in here and posting a comment. Hope he can do something about this situation. Would be nice to hear from him over at the "Shelby" (CSX4700+) thread as well. Perhaps he could shed a little lite on THAT subject / situation as well.

I hope this guy (and the 4700 series guys) get their cars as promised. It would be nice if this guy could get some enjoyment out of his Cobra before he dies. The only thing I keep thinking of is, just think how much more time he would have had to enjoy his car if it had been delivered in the 9 months he was told.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 12-09-2004 at 04:22 PM..