View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- smallblock grenade w/ the pin pulled
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by TerrysSPF

If you don't see the difference between THIS guys situation and others that are waiting for a CSX, then I don't know what to say. The guy with cancer waiting for his car, isn't the one that is "playing the illness card" here. He didn't write the post; his friend did.....This is one friend trying to help another friend (who happens to be dying). You wouldn't do that for one of YOUR friends?
Nope, I don't see any reason why I should think he deserves to ask for special preference over anyone else because he has cancer. Because he tells us he is dying of cancer we automatically feel we must do our best to honor a dying mans "last request". But guess what, he will outlive many of the people who are presently pitying him but don't yet know their ticket is about to be punched before realizing their lifes dream(whatever it may be), and it will more than likely be in a more dramatic and unexpected way than sitting idly by waiting for a personalized car to be built. As a matter of fact it might just do him some earthly good to dig in and fight to acquire his 'dream car' rather than just hang around burning lawsuit money while asking others to do his work...He should get on the phone, get on a plane, start choking people, whatever it takes for him get it done himself.
And as far as friends helping out their terminally ill friends, true friends know that their ailing friend will use every last ounce of bodily strength to crack the skull of anyone who might unknowingly offend their dignity by asking the general public to join in for "the cause"(whatever it may be).
Oh, I may not be an english professor but when someone writes an e-mail filled with the words 'I' and 'me' throughout, it is first-person.
But what really has me stumped is why go after a 4000? With millions to burn, why not throw a mil or so at someone with an original?
Wait! I'm on to something....
"Help! dying guys last request- wants to beat the hell out of an original, Please donate your original Cobra!"
Any takers?