View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

[quote]Originally posted by maxrpm

[b]Nope, I don't see any reason why I should think he deserves to ask for special preference over anyone else because he has cancer.

Max: First of all, I don't think "he" is asking for special treatment......his friend is (and if you would read some of the post on the Viper thread, you will see that they ARE 2 different people). But, cancer or no cancer, this guy has forked out 140K on a car and has waited for 22 MONTHS. Is there anyone else currently out there that has ordered a 4000 series that has been waiting longer than this guy and has not recieved their car yet? I don't think he's asking for "special preference" here. I would say that he should be 1st in line whether he is dying or not.

Max quote: Because he tells us he is dying of cancer we automatically feel we must do our best to honor a dying mans "last request".

Well, obviously some of us feel sorry for the guy and would like to see the right thing be done here. Some of us don't. To each their own. Wouldn't want to be YOUR dying buddy!

Max quote: "But guess what, he will outlive many of the people who are presently pitying him but don't yet know their ticket is about to be punched before realizing their lifes dream(whatever it may be), and it will more than likely be in a more dramatic and unexpected way than sitting idly by waiting for a personalized car to be built."

Strange way of looking at it. The way I look at it is, we KNOW that THIS guy is dying. Why NOT help someone out if you can? True, people die unexpectedly all the time........but it was UNEXPECTED. That's the difference. We didn't know it was coming and there was nothing we could do to help.
We just had one of our neighbors die a few weeks ago. He was 37 years old and died of a heart attack while at work. He left behind a wife and 2 daughters (5 mo and 2 yrs). He seemed to be in very good shape (and heck....he was THIRTY-SEVEN for Chris'sake!) and obviously nobody saw it coming. But, had he been diagnosed ahead of time and was given a certain amount of time to live, I'm sure all of his friends and neighbors would have done all we could to make his final days happy ones.

Max quote: "Oh, I may not be an english professor but when someone writes an e-mail filled with the words 'I' and 'me' throughout, it is first-person. "

This was already explained earlier......

Max quote: "But what really has me stumped is why go after a 4000? With millions to burn, why not throw a mil or so at someone with an original?

He recieved an award of 5.1 million. Government takes 50% and his lawyer takes a third. Not really "millions to burn" left Max. Perhaps he purchased a 4000 series because he wanted to leave the majority of what was left to his family.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 12-10-2004 at 05:16 AM..