View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

To my mind, the illness/death aspect of this mess is a matter of personal emotion. My heart and respect [read Maxrpm] goes out to anyone who is a cancer victim with the hope that they can live life to the fullest. Something we all try to do as Cobra owners.
The REAL stinking issue here is that a company which bears the name of an international automotive legend conducts itself in a despicable, dishonest way. Screwing folks, either directly or through its authorized agents, whether ill or well.
We've watched Carroll achieve "nobility and statesmanship" with a Childrens Heart Fund and countless lionizing documentaries on TLC, HIS and DSC channels. From glovebox signatures to boardrooms he is publicly fawned-over.
However, the stench of the actions of the company[s] that bears his name surely reach even HIS awareness, no matter how many layers removed from daily ops he may be. It strains creditability that dishonest advisors or business managers can conceal or distort info that the entire internet is on fire with, without scrutinity and corrective action by the head man.
Maybe when you get into your 80's and survive heart failures, you don't care any more. That's not justification however.
Surely, the spending of 140K requires great diligence and research of conditions, regardless of one's state of health. In this instance, I view Dwayne as an another BUSINESS victim of an unscrupulous company/assembler, in ranks with all the healthy, diligent guys who attempted to be customers of SAI and got hurt.
The beneficial thing of all this may be that this body of public web information will cause prospective buyers to cease adding to this pyramid, and/or cause current victims to seek return of funds or justice.
Maybe Discovery can do a great documentary on the fall of the Shelby empire?