View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     
Default SAAC VEGAS

My wife and I flew out for three days to SAAC does Vegas 6 and found it to be an intimate gathering of interesting people and an overall positive experience. I must admit that it was there right outside of SHELBY's Building that a Black 427 COBRA Fired up and Bit me at the same time. I always loved COBRAS, But was very Happy with my GT500. after the tour and Talk of the Then functioning plant, I knew there would have to be a COBRA in my future! We saw Siegfried and Roy's Show. Went to some good Comedy shows and met some Real Nice SHELBY lovers. Had a good time watching people Race and Check out some nice cars. Got Carroll to sign some items. It was also there that I first encountered Kirkham as they had a display at the race track. looking back on it all It was a magical trip. after the events that have unfolded over the last year, it would feel strange. almost sense a divide coming as it is a SAAC event. Of which I am a member and I know quite a few other members as well. They as a whole,tend to have a Blind loyalty to the Old Man. so in a sense you can end up with a strange blend of Shelby Lover's and Hater's all Gathered because of Shelby! just at opposite ends of the spectrum. I think the most positive thing that will happen is a lot of Viper owner's getting converted. Hopefully the most important Viper to Cobra "Convert" will be in attendance with his finished Car. Of course I speak of Dwayne in that regard.