View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Another choice offering many of your chosen options would be the Cobray-C3. The suspension and entire chassis of the third generation C3 Corvette (1968 to1982) is the build platform for our true single donor concept. This is a hotrod version and not intended to replicate the original but cost and reliability make it worth looking at. Adapter plates allow Ford engines to be used but GM engines are the most popular and cost effective. The bodylines have been sculpted to flow on the increased 98-inch wheelbase and 60-inch track width also making comfort and handling a dream. The time proven design offers 4 wheel disc brakes, independent rear suspension and honestly the largest cockpit available. Donor vettes from the mid to late 70's are plentiful and inexpensive with over 542,000 or C3’s being sold. Complete rebuilt sub-components are available on an exchange basis or proven aftermarket race parts are plentiful. The new reduced weight of about 2400 pounds does require changes to the suspension values but a complete computer designed suspension package is available as a single part number for your build. The Cobray-C3 can be completed for about 23K TOTAL using new or rebuilt components, a crate engine/tranny combination on a factory designed frame and a little chrome, paint and powdercoating. This price does not include labor but building them is part of the magic. I am very biased as this is my company but we can supply you with names of an owner in your area. Please check www.cobrasnvettes.com . Thanks Jeff C