View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Some questions for those who have been there...

Hello all,

I am thinking about building a Cobra within the next year or so...basically just waiting to pay off my current car before I go sinking myself in too much further.

I am very interested in the Shell Valley kit for a number of reasons. I like the fact that they don't give me any grief regardless of what kind of engine I choose, and the majority of the parts seem to be pretty standard stuff that is easily sourced. (Domestic)

My questions are pretty practical in nature: what kind of experiences have people who built these before had? Has anyone had one of these for a long time and put alot of miles on it? How has it held up? Any stress cracks in the fiberglass?

How have their frames held up with a high powered engine (somewhere around 500+ hp) and hard cornering?

Basically, I want to build a car to actually drive...not just sit in a garage and look pretty. I tend to take very good care of my toys, but I do like to actually be able to use them..I am interested in hearing what experiences other people have had with these and how well they held up. I'd like to know before I go sinking a small fortune into this.

Also, I did see on their website that they mentioned (in a FAQ) that they were working on an IRS using a Ford 9 inch rear? Anyone ever hear anything about this? That line has been in the FAQ for some time, but I haven't seen anything come of it.

Thanks for your insights,

Jeremy