View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

All good answers...thanks for the thoughts guys.

Well...as far as the engine choice goes, it's only a modest fiberglass cobra. I don't feel too bad about being unoriginal. If this was a higher end aluminum bodied cobra, I definitely would stick with originality. Like I said...I think Ford and Chevy both have some great engines, but for my purposes, I just want to stick with what I know and have easy access to. If I had a Ford 427 on hand, I'd be all over that.

This talk of Midstates is interesting...thus far I had pretty much planned on the standard mustang II suspension, although the corvette suspension is an interesting thought...a C4 Corvette should have some perks over the Mustang II gear...15 or 20 years worth. Now with all of that talk I am probably really irking the purists. I am not trying...please don't hate me. I still have a helluva lot of appriciation for what you guys have done.

Basically, I would want to build a Cobra to be damn fast, handle well, and still have relatively good drivability. I can compromise some on originality with respect to the internals. I also want the frame to be very robust...even if it means reinforcing it in some way. (Anyone have any experience with this on any kits?)

What made you go for the C4 suspension? How hard was it to build? If you were doing one today, what would you be going for suspension-wise? Sounds like your Cobra is built for going fast, so I am interested to hear any thoughts.

I appriciate all of the discussion...you guys are great. Seriously.