View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 08:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Shelby400

If Rod Hadfield can get a car registered in VIC with a World War 2 fighter engine then I think anything would be possible.

Brett
Just about anything is possible if you have budget and influence. Sadly out of reach of us mere mortals.

Harrison Cobras(what OZVENOM works with) are perfect for Skyline running gear. You can order chassis with mounting for R32 diff and plenty of knowledge about for using Skyline parts with it. Finished Harrison with my brother last year running R32 diff, brakes, front uprights, handbrake etc etc. Just threw in decent adjustable suspension(AVCO) and decent gear box(Tremec). It runs Lexus 4lt V8 though. You can also ask for your Harrison to suit Lexus. Very nice engine. Even better once you turbo it. Of course OZVENOM helped us with it and supplied the kit.

In N/A form it does 12.4sec 1/4 mile on street tyres. And god bless the good fortune of my brother at this years Nationals it looks like it goes round in circles, launches, stops and handles better than we ever dreamed it would.

Isn't Vic the same as Qld where you have 5 year rule when it comes to age of engine?

You could possibly get an older engine complied like RB26 if you ran it on gas, but that is probably spoiling the fun a bit.

As to cost, I reckon $30K is the minimum to get a car on the road. Ours cost a touch more than that, but we splurged on a couple of big $$$ items. You hear of them being built cheaper, and there is people that can do it. We tried. We went to every single swap meet, used virtually all 2nd hand parts, imported shiney stuff directly from US and having TUF-427 use every bargain finding trick he had in the book to help us. This is also our 2nd Cobra build. We just couldn't do it cheaper and still have a Cobra that will perform, look right and sound right. It's the little stuff that adds up and due to WAF for most guys, it's not wise to keep accurate records. And for $30K you would have a Cobra with mostly 2nd hand gear, still in Gelcoat and with a pretty plain(cheap) interior. By the time you add paint, nice leather interior, nice wheels, some newer parts, some detailing, you would be up to $50k minimum.