View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 05:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Hey Boxhead,
I think Phil gave you some good info and would wait to mount mirrors also. You need windshield installed and would have a buddy move mirrors around until you can actually see out of them. Place a couple layers of tape on mount base and a layer on fender. When they are proper you can trace location with good old Sharpie right on tape.
Windshield or screen is another task to take seriously. Make sure car is level corner to corner and diagonal also. Use a degree finder to lay glass back at desired angle. I use 37 degrees at the very center L to R and 1/2 the height of glass. This is relavent do to curve and convex suface of glass. cave or vex depends on what side your looking at??? Remember to clearance body from glass frame at penatration by 0.200 inch to stop cracking when body flexes or tweeks on mounts, The right upright bar will also be turned into the top direction and should be opposite so pull in with screws a very little at a time. It is brass and will move but not enough meat to hold /pull in well without stripping threads....... be carefull sorry for babbling here but you will see what I mean when starting install.