Thread: Gear Ratios
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     
Default Gear ratios

Wow! Lots to think about. My primary use will be street. I will power the Cobra with a 427 medium riser(not a stroker) I wanted a five speed tremec with fifth being over drive. the power plant is a definite. I just need to match the trans and the gear ratio for my application. A little road racing is in the picture. Slicks are easily put on for that. Are you saying that a shorter gear keeps the engine to much in the power range and those fat tires still can't tame it. Boy O' boy I cant wait!!!!!
Clay I'm glad to hear that about your T-stat. Maybe someday you could show me what you mean about the Cobra hooking up.
Prince Frederick not Frederick!!! Or Fredericksburg!!!! Sound familiar? The Charm Of the Chesapeake Great place But growing like crazy. You wouldn't recognize it.
enough day dreaming!! back to business
A taller gear will keep the engine from revving to quick and make the car travel farther before you have to shift. THe car being so lite will not need as much power to launch the car. I just want to make sure that I don't get beat by a tuner car at the stop light!!!