View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default What I did on my car today

Hey there again everyone.
Well I was hopeing for some more parts for my car to show up through the week but frieght let me down (again)
I was waiting for door locks and latches, alternator mounting bolts and rebuilt steering rack to keep me busy over the long weekend.
So even though my head was feeling alittle worse for wear (drinks with friends then smoke detector went off this morning at 2.00 am) I decided to tackle the wireing harness for the engine.

Well I had to remove the BCM connector and associated unused wireing, Also had to remove the Throttle relaxer (traction control) module wireing and connector, also the ac compressor wireing.

Here you can see that I pined the harness to a large sheet of cardboard and tied it to the wall to make it all easier to access.
You can see on the far right and centre right some wire hanging loose, these are from the unwanted BCM & trac control modules.

Here you can see the wires alittle better.

In this pic you can see the wires are all removed that I dont need.
The wires hanging over the top are (orange) fused power supply, (yellow) serial data - for scan tool, (pink) fused power again, (brown & grey wires in centre) reverse light switch, (brown wire on the right) tacho, I cant remeber there colors now but on the right there is also fuel pump relay, speedo sender & fan relay.

I wasnt looking forward to doing this job but after speaking to afew guys who can tune the ls1 useing different tools they all assured me that what I was doing was correct and they can reset my pcm so that the bcm & immobilser systems are all switched off.

If anyone is getting ready to do this part of there car let me know if you need any questions answered, I will try to help.

Fingeres crossed that it all works now.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.