View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     

steelcomp,
I'm not saying that Tim's mold is THE Arntz/Butler mold, I said we saw a couple of Arntz/Butlers at the Knotts show, and we swear that those bodies came out of this mold.
There are several pictures of bodies that came out of this mold in my gallery, the white body has very little work done to it since comming out of the mold. The black body after paint.
Tim had some pictures of the mold being made and I took some digital pics of the pictures, not too clear, but one might be able to tell which mfg's car is being used to cast the mold....Tim did not remember.
I'll post them when I get a chance.
Tim made this mold for Dan Fodge, and Tim said they then spent a year "tweaking" the mold till Dan was satisfied with it.
I also have some pictures of the mold from when I purchased it a few year ago.
I understand that there are more pieces and parts than just the body mold. Fact is, Tim made molds for two different door "styles", one "deeper" than the other. This mold-set also has the inner body molds to make a 'clamshell' to fit the sq tube frames.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.