View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 03:11 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Adrian,

This is the basics of the regular route. The only things that need to be done before what is above is paperwork related. Fill out the forms, cut a check, send them in, wait for the OK, make an appointment at the specialty vehicle inspection station nearest you (there are only two in NJ that I know of, one in Morristown, and other in Asbury Park), take your car (and all of your receipts and paperwork, and I do mean all of it) down at the appointed time and day (after having a few fellow Cobra guys go over it beforehand to make sure you did not miss anything), hopefully pass on the first try (75% pass on the first try), then you get to wait for the NJ MVS folks in Trenton to send you some additional paperwork (or you can drive down to the State Street, Trenton office of MVS), go to your DMV office and decide which way to register the car. if your not going to use the "limited usage" collectors registration, than you car will have to pass the current inspection regulations for the year on your title...here in NJ, if you go through all of this now, that would mean your title will read 2005 2dr convertible, reconstructed vehicle. You will have to pass 2005 sniffer tests. if you choose to go with the collectors registration (as everyone does these days), then you do not have to pass the sniffer test at all. Unlike California, there is no limit to the amount of cars that can be registered with the collectors registration each year.....
Hope you find this helpful........

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 01-08-2005 at 03:14 PM..