View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default Firehose injectors...

The injectors I'm using are the ford Alternative Fuel Vehicle injectors as found on the propane and natural gas powered crown victorias. The reason for using them is that they have extremely good pulsewidth control at idle, as well as incredible flow. In addition, the use of injectors this large lets me drop my EFI fuel pressure down to 25psi differential instead of 40; essentially changing the flow rate of the injector down to about 100lb/hr. The advantage here is that there is significantly less fuel heating and the pump doesn' t work as hard. They work better than most other large injectors. A close second is the Siemens Dekka injectors; they are also nice...and more expensive.

It is difficult to keep a long cog system aligned when the blower is so far away from the crank pulley. The brackets inevitably flex, and the belt walks. As you can see by my design, belt length was minimized for this reason...I was so nuts about it, I went to an electric water pump as well, so I could design it very tight. The blower belt has 130 teeth and the crank pulley has 80...this should give you some idea how close the blower and crank are together; it looks almost like a jesel timing belt; only larger. I also went reverse-rotation so that the lever-arm against the crank was minimized; hopefully keeping my front bearing wear to a minimum.

Byron