View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the Confidence vote Phil. I'll help out with you Chiropracter bills once the wiring is finished.

I've been fortunate enough to have been given a drive in a few peoples Cobras. I take the offer as a real compliment and I can honestly say that this is a decision people should't take lightly. I'm not doubting my own ability as a driver. I know my limits and drive to them but a Cobra is something else.

Even people familiar with driving these cars needs to treat each one with new respect. Their hand built nature and variations in design, performance levels, handling and braking characteristics mean any unfamiliar Cobra is a potentially dangerous to the unfamiliar driver.

So the few Cobras I've driven have been driven very carefully and I'm not game to give any of them a big dose of throttle*. This is someones pride and joy and I wouldn't like to be the one to damage it especially when I think of all the hard work that's gone into my own.

*foot note: even a small dose of throttle in Garrets 550 RWHP monster produces blistering performance and a loose sphincter. I just can't afford the underwear bills.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 01-12-2005 at 09:17 PM..