View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Purchased CSX3225 in 1968 for $4,995. Original 428 car but changed to 427 MR about 20 years ago.
Not Ranked     

When I purchased the car in 1968 I let my Dad take his boss around the block. I could hear the car all around the block with my dad feathering the throttle. Remember the car came with skinny tires that got almost no traction. His boss would not get back in the car with him. My dad also drove the car to work a few times. I let my sister drive the car one evening and she left at 6 pm. and drove all night and returned the car the next morning a 6 am. She put several hundred miles on the car that night. On another night she got a ticket doing 80 mph on an onramp. My wife drove the car to work a few times when her car was broke. She didn't like to drive my 52 Chevy which was the other choice at that time. One of my son's has driven the car several times. That same son peed in the seat when he was about 2, he's now 30. Until I replaced the seats last year the passenger seat had a few areas where the leather was hard as a rock because of this misshap.

One of my friends drove the car a total of a couple of feet. He stalled the car and we couldn't get it restarted (the starter failed). Shortly after that we moved and so he never got a chance to drive it again.

I tend to be a little more carefull since a guy drove the car and was so excited that when he stepped out of the car he forgot about the side pipes, when he got burned he fell back on the car and put a 1 inch deep dent in the rear fender.