View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 11:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I let my husband drive mine

Well it is his, but since I financed a lot of it I consider it 'ours'.

I appreciate the hours and years it took to build, but at the end of the day it is still a car and should be enjoyed.

A few of the guys in the Vic Club are aware of the 'stack' I had several years ago and it was off the road for 6 months. However, Jason was more concerned about me than the car (well that's what he says). In hindsight it was a 'good' thing. I felt so guilty I gave him an open cheque book. While it was off the road he dropped the seats, changed the nose, the bonnet scoop, interior and paint. The ride is now much better.

More amazingly, after it was on the road he even let me drive it on the track. So I guess I drive it anywhere and everywhere, including by myself. I will never forget the smile on his face when I brought home a huge trophy from Heathcote Park Dragway in a DYO competition. I think the most important thing is, I respect it, respect 'my man', know what it can and can't do, and more importantly by now I know my limits in driving it. Doing a couple of advanced driving courses in it recently has certainly helped this awareness. But that only comes with driving it.

It is a pity (in Vic?) there are so many partners in the club that don't, or won't, drive the Cobra even for the thrill of the first time. I guess Jason and I are lucky that the Cobra is something we both enjoy...certainly helps 'him' when he wants to improve it.

I agree with 'tpiini' the greatest joy comes from sharing it...with your partner at least.