View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UK Ram SC. KC-Yates 373, Jerico 5 speed.
Not Ranked     
Default Project

Bevan,

Chassis, I was starting to build an original chassis from using the 427 chassis plans and building it like a Cobra coupe with a backbone through the tunnel, that is not a problem as I have access to a big MIG, and I do heaps of TIG welding etc, but thought it better to quit the lot as a unit and start again with a clever chassis already sorted, hence looking at US manufacturers.

The first person that looked at my build purchased it, I reckon I could have asked more for it - damn there is some good stuff which has taken hours, and this is what has burnt me out a bit, perfectionism everything has to be perfect, but the chassis has annoyed me the whole journey, I was speaking to a good friend and the penny dropped, who cares about originality and as I spent 5 1/2 years doing my first one, now 3 years on this and the way I am going it will take anther 5 years to complete, I am keen to do some track miles and dont want to wait that long!

Down the road it goes and I am keen on a JBL, but I cant quite get my head around running a windsor Ford, cost to much to make enough power. I like smallblocks but an alloy big block would be nice and less stressed!

Hopefully JBL might consider making a chassis to incorporate larger engines, but as I have read in some of Richard Hudgins posts and I sorta agree his concept is handling and smallblocks are more suitable!

The 1960's rocked!

Last edited by Ant; 01-16-2005 at 03:19 PM..