View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Almac Cobra 427R
Not Ranked     

The JBL is a totally different design to the Berry Space frame. The Berry car is more like a Lotus seven design, ie small diameter tube using triangulation and a backbone design. The JBL is a semi-monocoque design.

Looking at the design there is more material in the JBL, which I would have figured more weight, but I am sure would be tortionally stronger.

The Berry car has a full cage integrated in its design, which should give back some extra stregnth as well.

It would certainly be an interesting thing to see you get a JBL all up and running and have a run off between the 2!

My car is a big powered sledge really - and I agree with Richard on the smaller power better design being better - but I still enjoy my car, it is fun, and I couldnt afford to start with a new car at the moment - thats what family does!

You are right Grahame Berry is a hot rodder, and drag racer at heart, and he didnt expect the normal Cobras to be raced. But I think the space framed cars went really well considering this was his first foray into a race car.

Like I said - I wasnt trying to get at Richard - I respect his experience, just trying to give you a local alternative.