View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Jams: Did you try returning it within 15-30 days? I've purchased a few items from them in the past and never had much of a problem. -Unless you call the 20% restocking charge a "problem". I purchased some floor mats from them once and didn't like the way they fit (even though they told me they would be OK) and wanted to send them back. I called them the same day I recieved the mats and they said I would have to pay a 20% restocking fee if I wanted to return them - and I had to do it ASAP. I told them I wasn't happy about the fact that THEY told me the mats would fit my SPF and when I got them they didn't, but they wouldn't budge on the restocking fee. I didn't like the fact I had to pay the fee so I ordered other stuff from them (stuff I was considering as future purchases anyway) that totaled the same cost of the mats and they waived the restocking charge and did a "exchange".

Here is their "terms and conditions" as stated on the back of their catalog:

GUARANTEE-All new and reproduced products are warranteed to be free of defects in workmanship and materials. The liability of Cobra Restorers Ltd. extends only to the replacement of the merchandise. If you are not satisfied with a purchase and wish to exchange, we ask that this be done within 15 days of reciept of merchandise. No returns after 30 days. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee unless returned for exchange. All returns must have prior authorization and must be freight prepaid. If we are in error, we will reimburse the amount of shipping only. No other warranty is written, expressed or implied. No returns on special order or electrical parts.

So, I would say that you are intitled to a refund as long as you do so within 30 days. I would call and argue your point that THEY are the ones that said the top would fit so THEY are at fault. Hence, you shouldn't even have to pay the restocking fee.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 01-17-2005 at 05:22 PM..