Thread: Garage Mahal
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doug just my two cents, painting my garage with reflective white paint did wonders for lighting, I used 2 bulb flourescent fixtures without the reflectors and one is suspended on chains which is directly above my bench.
My garage is 22'x24' and there are 7 fixtures in all. I originally had 40 watt tubes but a neighbor installed 32W bulbs with a green strip around the ends (Home Depot) which I could not believe the diference. I changed them and left one fixture with the 40W for comparison. Amazing difference. When I first started on my kit, I suspended the body from the ceiling and worked on the frame directly below it. I attached a single bulb flood lamp to the 2x6's whch were running through the wheel wells suspended by four pulleys. Plenty of light. Also like one of the other posts I installed PVC pipe for air lines and I think I paid about $25, I even ran one pipe through the wall to the outside of the garage. I have a 6HP 60 gallon compressor and It's been working this way perfectly for 5 years.