View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 09:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     
Default 428 to Stack efi conversion

I've been getting a number of questions about this project from a post I had under parts for sale so I though I would start a new tread and get the conversation out of that area. I think I'll use this as my progress report area as well.

Anyway here it goes.

John A Simpson wrote:

Just curious, what EFI system are you running?

Answer: Very Cool Parts Stack system with a Tec3r ecu.

John A Simpson wrote:

Thanks Dennis, I've been looking at that system and the Mass-Flo, hard to decide. Duh, guess I just had to look at your user info. Oh well, while I'm at it why did you choose the stack system?

Answer:
Hi John,

I changed the user info after your question so don't feel bad

I chose the stack system because of the looks. If you look at my photos you will see I have always run multiple carbs.

The Dreamer wrote

Dennis,

Have you worked out your crank sensor and cam sensor equipment. If so, what are you using and where are you getting it from?

Answer:

I think I have. I bought the Universal Crank trigger wheel that Electromotive sells and sent it over to Tom Lucas at FE specalities. He is doing the machine work on it and making the sensor mount for me.

As for the Cam sensor, there was not one that was commercially available that I could find for the FE. George over at Gessford has been working with me to make one using the oil pump drive he already makes and some cam sensor parts reccomended by MSD. Should be pretty trick! You can see some pictures under the thread "EFI - Distributorless Ignition" .

Last edited by Dennis Mosley; 01-22-2005 at 09:34 AM..