View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 01:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: AC427 MkIII of 2004 vintage
Not Ranked     

Real 1

(Back again after 8 hours horizontal...)

I cannot comment on the new AC facility as I have not graced them with a visit, so far (a shortage of red carpet I believe) I am reliably informed that its at the other end of the spectrum from the Ford-backed palace that Angliss had on the Brooklands Industrial estate. As for staff numbers - dunno. But its "not a lot".

To avoid any confusion I should point out that the Brooklands Bashers are located nearby on another small estate, in the Brabham Buildings, for those with an F1-fetish. There is also a big chunk of the old circuit just down the road, now graced by having 2 supermarkets built opposite...!!! (You can't make it up)

In case you have yet to get the message, the dreaded Bashers are doing their own thing but its inevitable that they are in contact with 'AC'. But they do not make cars for them. Also, and very importantly in my opinion, they have little regard concerning how nice and shiny their Cobras (and Aces) are, since they race 'em hard and if they get bent, then the old club hammer can put that right. No trailer queens here thank you. In other words Cobras are meant for driving and ****** the resale value.