View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hawk 289FiA with Le Mans hardtop. AC CS(X)2131,289 (my father owned it from `67-`73)
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Brookland

Quote:
Originally posted by CSX 4027
....the correct chassis paint. They seem to make them High gloss now for whatever reason.
....AC should be able to deliver lots of aluminum Cobra's. Isn't that's why they are here at all?
Steve:
High Gloss is easier to lick clean!
I don`t think AC have been in the position to "deliver lots of aluminum Cobra's" since about 1967..... They are 'here' to appeal to a (small) number of customers who will pay a premium for an AC built /Shelby partnership Cobra the likes of which hasn`t been made for 38+ years.
Whether an AC built CSX1*** is better or worse than a Kirkham or Shelby CSX7*** or whatever is a separate issue, but personally, I think I know where my money would go.(If I had any!)
Shelby needs to deliver a lot of Cobras, indeed, but I think the priority is not AC/Aluminium ones.

BrooklandSteve. Sorry mate, I thought you were talking to Mr L.
Dammit, we`ll have to call him 'Teflon Trev' if we can`t get anything to stain his impeccable record!

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- Anna Sato-Williams.

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- nikbj68