CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Re: Brookland

[quote]Originally posted by nikbj68

[b]Steve:
High Gloss is easier to lick clean!
I don`t think AC have been in the position to "deliver lots of aluminum Cobra's" since about 1967..... They are 'here' to appeal to a (small) number of customers who will pay a premium for an AC built /Shelby partnership Cobra the likes of which hasn`t been made for 38+ years.

I don't agree. If we could all turn back the clock, we would have all bought Cobra's in the 60's for a bunch more than the Corvette and not gotten a top, heater or windows.

We also know that as volume goes up, the price goes down so, a lot of Cobra's produced might end up being more affordable than one might think. Also, affordable aluminum should be the focus. Not Fiberglass!. Many have found that the difference in the final cost of a well done fiberglass car is not far off from aluminum and the re-sale value percent of depreciation on the fiberglass is certainly much more than the aluminum.

This is the 21st century. We should be able to make it better, cheaper, faster or at least a combination of 2 out of 3.
I have a sign on my desk. It says; GOOD, FAST, CHEAP Pick 2.
You can't have it all but, at least you can get close.
If Shelby concentrated on only aluminum, I bet they could deliver more cars at good prices and not have to deal with fiberglass at all.

Let's not forget that in 1996, the Shelby glass car finished as a painted roller was in the $50,000 - $55,000 range. A Kirkham PAINTED Roller was $50,000. So, yes. It can be done and already has.

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"