View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft # 91, Black w/White stripes and Red Rookie's, 302 w/AFR 185's.
Not Ranked     

I've built 2...instead of building #3, I decided on a BDR. My buddy bought one and after examining it...I bought one. This car is a no-brainer. You will have minor tweeks..no matter which car you decide on. There is more to go wrong with your drive train than any other part of the car. Since this is as close to a factory complete as you can get...the only items that have the potential for failure is the motor/trans. I think you will really be impressed with the solid feel and handling...especially if you choose the 16 or 17" wheels. I have 15's but my friend had 16's...wow what a difference...I would also suggest a 302 or 347. These sound so good and run so cool...easy to work on....plenty of room in the engine bay. I think the package is well priced and dropping in the engine is no big deal. My worst problem with my other builds was the paint/body. I agree the support from Reg and the staff is great. I priced a kit about 6 months ago...I was at 19K without engine,tires/wheels,trans or paint/body. To do a complete car on a budget be prepared to do it all....and I mean all!!!!! Thats why the BDR looks so good. You can order it in any color and if you really want to personalize it...put the drive train in yourself....