View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 05:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Bob:

Re: Exhaust Systems:

Z06: Borla Stinger w/4" Quad and a Bassani X pipe, very aggressive sound when accelerating. Nice sound at idle. Combination of both eliminated the jingle/popping sound when slowing down.

AMX: DynaMax w/ Dr. Gas X pipe. Combination of a Comp Magnum 280 cam, muffler, and the X pipe allows for a nice sound at idle, i.e. stop lights and cruise nights, and a unique, but pleasant to my ears, tone when accelerating.

Cobra: For the long term, needed a much quieter system, Had previously used mufflers from Arizona Exhaust , owner is retired , which are great, but loud. First time using the auger type muffler. I accepted that the 3 disc CC and vortex cone will impact the HP, but it is a compromise for street only driving.

Chevy Pick-Up: Dr Gas X pipe w/ Flowmaster. I cannot explain why a stock V-8 w/automatic needs a X pipe !

Have not been able to configure the side exhaust system w/ a X pipe, but 3 out of 4 is acceptable

Don

Last edited by Don; 02-05-2005 at 06:58 AM..