Thread: Era #708
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

cbmax Welcome to the ERA Gang. I have the 12" rotors on the front of my car #428 and have both 15" BFG's and 17" Mich pilots for racing. Both rims fit on 12" rotors. They are Serria calipers, 4 piston. Have soft pads and no problem withracing both autocross and roadracing. Rear brakes get warm, if you make some duct work to move the dead air in the rear of the car, the brakes are fine. I have not had a wheel hopping problem with my car. Setting up the suspension and getting the car balanced is a important step in my OPINION. It takes a couple of hours and is worth the different when the car is done. make sure you have your body wieght in the drivers seat when you do this. If you are looking for a 15" tire, try Dunlop GT Qualifiers, they are better handling than the BFGs. If you are going racing, go with the outboard brakes, plus the wieght savings. Have you looked into a shelby block or the new Pond block that just came out? This might be a better motor for a couple of hundred dollars more. I have 2 shelby blocks and they are still the best engineered of all. A little machine work needs to be done to any motor. Good luck with the car Rick Lake