View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 08:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     

I happen to like Colt pistols,Single Army models especially.For those of you who dont go "heeled" these are the quintisential "Cowboy" 6 shooter ,the gun that won the west historians say ,and they feel in your hand like no other weapon ever made. These guns were first patented by Samuel Colt in 1872 and have been manufactured most of the years since then aside from 2 or 3 several year breaks in production.The Colt firearms company has been bought and sold several times in the last 40 or 50 years . The weapon itself has had some minor cosmetic and mechanical changes which nessitate a gun being referred to as a 1st,2nd,or 3rd generation Colt SAA .Even though to the untrained eye all generations of the pistol will look identical as will many cheaper and lessor made copies,and a few very well made and equally high quality copies.to a close observer there are several minor changes which dont affect the over all quality or characteristics of the fine weapon.Im thinking this products history bears a strong simularity to Shelbys cobra.The thing that puzzles me is that of all the gun shows I have attended,all the dealers I have known,all the collectors I have met ,and these are some of the most discriminating men you will meet as many of the guns will command as much or more than our cars on the market,not ONE time have I heard a 3rd generation {recent/current mfg}referred to as a replica.
A coke is still a coke without the cocaine, Harley davidson was still a harley even when it was made by folks who build bowling balls,and a shelby cobra is still a shelby cobra,not original,not identical ,but my MSO has guess Whos Signature in blue ink .There is no other logical way to look at this,I felt the same when I didnt own one and will feel the same after.I'm not saying it is better than any thing else,or will ever be worth anything,,but it is a shelby cobra .it blows my mind that some guys who own something elseo constantly dig at the man and his cars.
it especially suprises me that one of the moderators of this forum would say that it is a replica. Come to think of it I saw a replica of a vette the other day,,i think they called it a "C 6 " ?

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "