View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

I'm a CO native. Born and raised in Denver and No CO. If you don't have to live and work in the Denver area or are willing to commute try going north, Dacono, Berthoud, Loveland, Ft Collins, even Windsor. Lovely communities have sprung up in these areas in the last 10-15 years.
And if you are looking south as mentioned Parker and Castle Rock are nice. My favorite (Biased I lived there) is Monument/Black Forest area. Rigth on the I-25 corridor, 45 min to Denver, 15 min to Co Springs. Housing costs are a bit lower than in the immediate Denver area.(I don't like Denver-lots to do but to crowded, for a weekend)

If you can suffer the cold you can cruise year round in your Cobra. Cruising the Mountains is awesome in the summer. Like previously stated sand on the roads can play havoc with your paint. But there are many many days of clear weather, no snow, but it may only be in the 30's or 40's temp wise. It isn't like it starts snowing in October and never quits until April and there is always snow on the ground all winter there.

Good place to live, lots to do. My wife and I may move back there since we still own a couple of houses there and have family there but for now we live in WA. We go back every year to visit and I keep up with the real estate and construction prices since home building is my field.

PS NO Palm trees though

Last edited by G.R.; 02-25-2005 at 06:06 PM..