View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 11:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: backdraft racing #111 351 hot
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Just to add to this thread a few comments about my BDR and the experiences I've had with it. First the support from California Cobra ( Armond ) has been more than exceptional. I had an MSD with a short in it that needed replacing and Armond drove over 250 miles with his trailer to pick up the car rather than subjecting me to being stranded on the side of the road somewhere.
To me that makes a statement of character and trust not easily found these days.
The fit and finish on my car is amazing from door and hood tolerences to the Corsa Rossa red paint. Armond and his crew did an outstanding install on the special built Smeddings engine and tranny, adding many extra components to the engine bay I was not expecting.
The car has been in numerous car shows and trophied many times against some pretty hefty competition.
I looked at many options before making my purchasing decision and thought that Superformance was an amazing car along many others but that the BDR was alot of bang for the buck, especially as a turnkey car for around $40+K.
I've owned and raced many cars over the years including a number of Porsches, an NSX and even a Ferrari but I've have never had so much fun as driving my dream and meeting fellow "Cobra" enthusiasts, no matter what brand they drive. Thanks Carrol for making your dream ours.