Thread: More questions
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 01:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default More questions

Hey there everyone, as the heading suggests I have some questions.
I am not upto the stage in my build yet where I need these questions answered but this will save me asking later.

Question 1 : I was looking through Mando's pic gallery and can see that he has welded a plate between the door hinge rods, Do you guys think this would make any diffrence? and my real question on this part, How do you cover these hinges up, I dont really want black rods or a plate to be seen.

Question 2 : More for the Classic Revival guys, how do you mount your rear bumpers/quick jacks?
My chassis doesnt have any brackets or mounts in the rear (the front does) Can any of you guys supply pics?
Also where exactly do the quick jacks go? Does anyone have measurements?

Question 3 : Again in mando's pics I can see that you have fitted aluminium panels to the footboxes, I plan on doing this but have you put any sort of heat shielding between the panels and the fibreglass?
If so what recomendations can anyone make?
Also how should these be fixed to the vehicle? Bolts, rivets?
Should there be an air gap between panels and footboxes?

Question 4 : How do you fit the side vents to the car? Do you need to glass them in (prefer not to) or do you need to glass in some sorta home made bracket arrangement to hold them?

Question 5 : Again probably aimed at the Classic guys, Can anyone show me some close up pics from the side of your headlight rims mounted on the car?, I want to see how flush they are with bodywork.
I have tried mini ones and new ones (plastic yuckky) from Ingrams but they sit about 2mm proud of the body. Ie to large in diameter.

Question 6 : I am thinking of getting an aluminium fuel tank made up, Am I best to do this after car is registered and when mounting it to the car the easiest way is going to be haveing a flat plate welded around the outside of the tank and bolt it directly to the chassis from underneath, is this going to be strong enough or would it be too much weight for the welds and nutserts?
Here is a pic of what I mean

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 02-27-2005 at 02:01 AM..