Thread: More questions
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Boxhead

I can shed some light on some of your questions
1. My hinges do not protrude past the door opening like some kits and originals, and hence are covered by upholstery panel that extends from leading edge of door opening through to footwell.

3. I have used glass fibre insulation, about 12mm thick, used in building aircond. duct work between f/glass footbox and alloy sheeting. It will be a worthwhile excersise to fit some sort of insulation. I've fixed it with rivets and M5 screws and nutserts around lower edges and by rivets to the rest of the engine bay sheeting.

5. There are two sizes of Lucas head light rims, Mini's and some Bedford, and Inter trucks have a larger base diameter than MGB, sprite and some other 60's vehicle that use Lucas headlight buckets, though the two size rims will fit on the same bucket. Original Cobra's, G-Force, Evans, RMC etc use the smaller base dia. rims, where DRB D-Type and some others use the larger dia. Mini rims. You may need to look for MGB rims.

6. I would think the welded flange mount would be sufficient with 4 or 6, M10 bolts to mount. The flange would be best as your pic using a piece of agle welded to the tank to spread stress points on the tank sheeting. Someone else might confirm or dismiss this as I haven't had that much to do with alloy tanks.